Monday, April 25, 2011

You are not given anything you can't handle....

I am sitting here this morning pondering about the last 3 years of my life and feeling emotional. Three years because that is how long I have been fighting and dealing with cancer. It has been one hell of a ride with surgeries, treatments, separating from my husband and moving. Someone said to me the other day that you are not given anything you can't handle and that you are supposed to learn something from the experience. Well, I'm handling and kicking this horrible disease's ass! What am I supposed to learn..... That my body can handle a lot of poison? That I have some amazing friends and family? Humor is medicine? That Frankie the T-Rex is really a god? I actually think that maybe it is that I am supposed to show Bailey how too be a Survivor. That no matter what you have to keep on fighting. You determine your self worth. That there is nothing stronger than love from your friends and family. Every time I deal with one the many things associated with cancer I think too myself...you can do this, you have too do this....Bailey.

I am on my way for another scan this morning and tomorrow I visit my Radiologist. Then we will find out how many rounds of radiation I will receive. I am feeling extremely positive about things and  that radiation is the best news I could of gotten last week. Funny isn't it...radiation is the best news? My glass is 3/4 full.... Roar!

Cancer chick :)

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this. I'm not sure if G-d doesn't give people things they can't handle. I'm more prone to go with: There is some sort of plan. That way, it's like a trip, the kind that your parents dragged you on as a child. You have no choice. You didn't even want to go or anything. You don't have to like the stupid plan. Or understand it. Or appreciate anything along the way. You just have to grit your teeth and move forward.

    I do believe in plans though. And I do believe, as you said, that you learn a lot about who you are. Who your friends are. Who is there for you. And who is not. These are cool things to know. Many people think they know these things, but you do.

    Three years is a long time to fight. Keep your dukes up, baby. ;-)

    ReplyDelete