Friday, April 1, 2011

Prayer Shawls & 20 Minutes

Reporting live from the infusion center....

I have 20 minutes left of poison being deposited into my body. Then I get to go home.... What will I do? Well it seems that I have been given something too do. A Prayer shawl. Some very generous ladies at a local church make prayer shawls for us cancer/chemo patients. Most of you know that I am not a religious person. Except now I have been given this and I feel like it would be a bad omen not to wear it. So my plan is that when I get home I will put on the prayer shawl, sit by my Buddha and do some serious praying. I'm sure I do not need to tell any of you what prayer I want answered the most. I will try/do anything to get my life back from this disease .

20 minutes...... yipee, yahoo and a woot woot!  The plan is that in a few weeks I will get scanned and then get the results a few days later. The thought is that these aliens have been shrunk enough by chemo that I will start a series of 10 radiation treatments. So this last 20 minutes is very significant.... I might never have to do this shit (word was used to emphasize how much I hate chemo) again. My glass is 3/4 full....

Cancer Chick <3

No comments:

Post a Comment